Kustom & Counter Culture grows bigger for 2023 with more halls and even more activities
KUALA LUMPUR, 14 March 2023 – With a record-breaking crowd response from 2022, Art of Speed returns for 2023 – bigger and better than ever! This year, Malaysia’s premier Kustom & Counter Culture event is invading Malaysia Agro Exposition Park, Serdang (MAEPS) – 350,000 sqft indoor venue, 8.6 acre outdoor venue – taking over every event hall and features even more activities to satisfy the fans and visitors. MAEPS will host Art of Speed 2023 (AOS 2023) on 29 July 2023 (10:00 am – 7:00 pm) and 30 July 2023 (10:00 am – 7:00 pm).
The AOS 2023 featured guest list from the international custom community and media will include:
- Shige Suganuma, Emi Suganuma, “Sunny” Yano & Michi “NATQQ” from MOONEYES; Japan
- Cycle Zombies; USA
- V-Twin Visionary; USA
- Wild Road Choppers; Japan
- Cosmic Chopper City; Japan
- Geoff from Return of Cafe Racer; USA
- Dino Dalle Carbonare from Speedhunters.com; Japan
- Side Yakotani; Japan
- Hopping Shower; Japan
- Boopin; Japan
- Ken Flat Top; Japan
- Jetwrench_artstudio; Japan
- Vondutch; Indonesia
- Ya Seat; Thailand
The main highlights for AOS 2023 will feature:
- New For 2023! – The Outdoor ThunderCircus “Brotherhood Rally” – a fully dedicated open area for motorcycle riders and enthusiasts. Highlights for ThunderCircus include a motorcycle stunt show performed by professional riders, as well as a mega ride in and gathering of various motorcycle groups from across Malaysia and around the region.
- New For 2023! – Taking over Hall B for 2023 will be the 1st Official Hot Wheels Collector Convention in Southeast Asia. Visitors will be able to enjoy even more Hot Wheels activities, diorama displays – which includes the Hot Wheels Rare and Collectibles Exhibition, Hot Wheels Skate School, Hot Wheels Swap Buy And Sell, and many more. Hot Wheels fans will also be able to meet and greet famous Hot Wheels designer from USA. And to top it all off, there will be a record attempt at the largest Hot Wheels formation in Malaysia. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of Hot Wheels in Malaysia, Mattel is joining hands with Malaysia’s iconic national automotive brand, PROTON to create the first ever Hot Wheels – Proton Saga vehicle. In conjunction with this historic occasion, Mattel is giving a shout out for all Malaysian kids to come exercise their creativity for the Hot Wheels x PROTON Kids Design Competition. The winning design will be commemorated as the design of the blister card of the Proton Saga vehicle ‘special edition’ and will be sold nationwide in Malaysia early 2024!
- New For 2023! – The Hot Wheels Legends Tour, debuts at AOS 2023. This year, the Official Malaysia competition will be held on Sunday during AOS 2023, featuring both local and international judges to select a Champion to represent Malaysia on the world stage. Registrations for the Hot Wheels Legends Tour will be on-ground at AOS 2023.
- In collaboration with NoEqual.co is the NEAT Fest in Hall C, which will feature a collective display of hand selected modified cars from across Malaysia.
- Returning to Hall C for 2023 will be the Off The Grid outdoor camping and lifestyle – featuring “outdoor lifestyle” held indoors with air-condition comfort and plenty of activities for both on and off stage for the entire family to enjoy.
- Hail Vintage is back for AOS 2023 and will be hosted in Hall D, showcasing a large variety of vintage collectibles. Specialist vendors will be invited not only to sell but also display their extensive collection. This year’s theme is MUSIC and features the rarest of music collectibles, merchandise, and memorabilia.
- Qhalis Najmi from NoEqual.co will be this year’s host for our annual Kustom & Koffee Talk inside Hall A at 3.30pm on Saturday, together with overseas panelists. The forum will discuss the latest trends in bike and car industries.
- Show & Shine returns in Hall A, featuring the best selection of modified cars and custom motorcycles with an opportunity for Best of Show to win a trip to The 31st Annual Yokohama Hot Rod Custom Show to be held in December 2023.
Additional AOS 2023 activities include:
- Roda Rumble 2023 – Two Wheels Gathering & Outdoor Festival supported by Retro Mania
- La Cultura – Malaysia’s Chicano Culture Appreciation Gathering, which includes a fashion display of Cholo and Chicano style, Dance and DJ show, and more
- Streetware Con – streetwear fashion vendors galore at Hall D
- Pinup Pageant presented by Cherrybomb Pinup Parlour
- Food Park food vendors and trucks now with sheltered access at the Food and Beverage basement/underground level DG
- Automotive Flea Market
- Product launching on stage
- Test Ride Zone for bike (Ducati, Royal Alloy, Italjet, Royal Enfield, Vespa, Aprilia, Triumph, Harley-Davidson and more)
Also returning for AOS 2023 is the highly popular SoundCircus Festival. The line-up for this year’s SoundCircus Festival* will be revealed at a later date.
*SoundCircus Festival is for ages 16 years old and above ONLY!
To end the show on Sunday, one lucky ticket holder will go home with the lucky draw giveaway for ONE (1) 1979 Toyota Celica fully customized with an air ride suspension by Art of Speed Malaysia (AOSM).
The AOS 2023 weekend pass is available at the door and online for RM35.00 with children below 12 years old entering for FREE. OKU (disabled) Pass Holders will also enjoy free entry. AOS 2023 will continue the Speed Lane pass, which opens one hour earlier at 9:00am; priced at RM60.00 valid for both days. Visitors can enjoy one extra hour inside the main hall A, B, C and D. Halls are open from 10:00am to 7:00pm on both days. SoundCircus Festival + Weekend Pass combo will be available online soon.
“Since its inception, Art of Speed Malaysia has successfully established itself as a gathering not only for motorcycle and car enthusiasts, but also art-practitioners, musicians, collectors and the likes, while culminating in a large-scale annual event,” said Mr. Asep Ahmad Iskandar, Festival Director, Art of Speed Malaysia (AOSM). “For this year’s event, AOSM will be celebrating its 12th annual show and with it, will be igniting the spirit and enthusiasm of passionate enthusiast, a show not to be missed by the public.”
For AOS 2023, local e-devices manufacturer, BRO ASIA, will be the Title Presenter. “We’re very proud and excited to accept AOSM’s invitation to be a part of this exciting event and make it a success. It’s in sync and befitting with the direction of our brand that’s suited for fans of Kustom & Counter Culture,” said Mr. Roman Lai, CEO & Founder of BRO ASIA.
Vendor & Corporate application is now open, please contact Rafiq at +6012 2620 405 for business enquiries. For more information about this event, please visit www.artofspeedmy.com or www.facebook.com/ArtOfSpeedMY/